A little sweet and spicy over a bed of rice!
|Hula Shredded Chicken with Pineapple|
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root (I used 1 teaspoon ground ginger instead)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (16 ounce) crushed or diced pineapple
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
1. In slow cooker mix pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger root, Sriracha sauce and can of pineapple (including the juice).
2. Add chicken and coat in mixture.
3. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or High heat setting 4 to 6 hours. Once chicken is cooked through, remove chicken and shred with 2 forks.
4. Return chicken to sauce, turn heat to High and mix thoroughly. Cook uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes until sauce is thickened.
5. Serve over bed of rice and fresh chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
**Please leave a “like” on this recipe page if you like this recipe! Thank you!**