- 9 lasagna noodles (or 1 box oven ready lasagna noodles)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced (adjust to your taste)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 – 10 ounce package of chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
-Saute in butter or olive oil chopped carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, onion and garlic to create an additional layer with sauteed vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cook lasagna noodles in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in flour and salt and simmer until bubbly. Mix in the broth and milk, heat to a boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Add the basil, oregano, and ground black pepper. Mix well. Add drained spinach to mixture and mix well. Remove from heat and seat aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together ricotta and eggs until well blended then add in 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Using a 9×13 baking dish do the following:
- spread 1/3 of the spinach sauce into the baking dish
- layer with 1/3 of the noodles, add all the ricotta on top, then add the shredded chicken
- spread 1/3 of the noodles over the chicken and layer 1/3 of the spinach sauce, if adding sauteed vegetables add them now
- spread last 1/3 of noodles and top with remaining spinach sauce
- sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese over the top
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
This was absolutely delicious! Great for a potluck or an evening with friends or family!
**Please leave a “like” on this recipe page if you like this recipe! Thank you!**