Chili – Any Meat
The great thing about this recipe is it is so versatile! I can use what I have on hand and avoid going to the dreaded store. You can use either ground turkey, ground hamburger or shredded chicken for this chili.
- 1 pound meat of choice
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1 tablespoon jarred minced garlic
- 2 cans Original Rotel
- 1 can tomato sauce, 15 ounce
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 3 cans beans (mix and match, you can use kidney or black beans for example)
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- If you are using ground turkey or hamburger, prepare meat in a separate pan and drain fat. If using chicken, I boiled mine and shredded it while I was sauteing the vegetables.
- In a large pot, heat to medium-high and drizzle olive oil in pot. Saute bell peppers, onion and garlic until soft.
- Add cooked meat to mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients: tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, beans, Rotel and spices.
- Simmer for at least 30-45 minutes on low-medium, stirring occasionally. The longer you simmer the better the flavor!
Top with salsa and shredded cheddar! I also make a batch of cornbread to go with mine. Top the cornbread with honey and butter and you have a yummy meal!
P.S. DO NOT ADD WATER to this recipe.
Note: Play around with the ingredients! Add more beans. Add more bell peppers of different colors. Up the garlic. Add a jalapeno. It’s a starter recipe for you!
**Please leave a “like” on this recipe page if you like this recipe! Thank you!**