- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pounds cubed stew meat
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (.75 ounce packet) dry brown gravy mix
- 2 cups frozen peas
- In a large skillet heat oil over high heat. Saute the onion until almost translucent.
- Add the stew meat and cook on high heat until meat is browned on all sides; about 3 to 5 minutes. (Coat meat in a bag with flour then cook for a thicker sauce.)
- Pour 2 cups water, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce into the skillet. Stir in garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving stir in gravy mix right to the meat mixture until combined. Add frozen peas. Bring to a boil and stir frequently until slightly thickened.
My favorite side to serve with this is mashed potatoes. But you can use rice or biscuits.
**Please leave a “like” on this recipe page if you like this recipe! Thank you!**