- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- handful of the celery leaves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2-3 chicken breasts, shredded
- 3 (32 ounce) chicken broth cartons (I use reduced sodium)
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package of frozen vegetables (you can use mixed, peas or corn)
- 3 cups (about half a package) of wide egg noodles (you can always switch it up by using rice, other noodle types or potatoes adjusting quantity added as needed)
- 1 bay leaf
- dash of cayenne (optional)
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- Saute onion, celery, celery leaves, garlic and carrots in a large pot over low-medium heat until onions are translucent. I can’t stress enough that you really need to use the celery leaves it adds a lot of flavor!
- Add chicken broth, chicken breasts, zucchini, frozen vegetables, bay leaf, cayenne, bouillon cube, garlic powder, ground black pepper, salt and parsley. Bring to a boil then simmer for at least 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Pull chicken out of soup and using two forks shred the chicken into small pieces. Return meat to pot simmer additional 10-15 minutes. Taste and adjust to your preference.
- Remove bay leaf and serve!
I like to add a touch of Sriracha to my soup to kick it up a bit, try it.. you will love it!
Serve with my Easy Bread Machine Rolls! Or if you are in a hurry biscuits work too!
**Please leave a “like” on this recipe page if you like this recipe! Thank you!**
Follow me on Twitter @bythebeachgal21 for all my latest posts about Alaska and FOOD!