Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3-5 mashed overripe bananas
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in eggs, mashed bananas and chocolate chips until well blended.
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just enough to moisten. Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated over for 60 to 5 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Note: Use nicely browned bananas for the best flavor. Mine pictured could go a couple more days but I wanted a nice treat for my kids after dinner tonight!
Follow me on Twitter @bythebeachgal21 for all my latest posts about Alaska and FOOD!